Interesting Java-related links for June 17 – June 30
- http://www.infoq.com/articles/Java_Garbage_Collection_Distilled – unique thoughts on GC in JVM which you won’t find in the usual articles on thi topic. Definitely my choice of this week.
- http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/7u25-relnotes-1955741.html – Release 7u25 of JDK
- http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-06-2013/130619-j101-java-concurrency-part-1.html – Introduction into the concurrency goodness in JDK
- http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-05-2002/jw-0503-java101.html, http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-06-2002/jw-0607-java101.html, http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-07-2002/jw-0703-java101.html, http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-08-2002/jw-0802-java101.html – pretty old but still useful introduction into the Java threading
- http://habrahabr.ru/post/183984/ – interesting article about Android telephony internals.
- http://www.infoq.com/news/2013/06/scalajs – compiling Scala to JS. Sounds a bit crazy but still interesting
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDEce3mtkRg – Linus, Torvalds talking with Aalto University students. His vision of the world is so appealing to me.