8 Things You Should Take Care While Writing Specifications for an Android App
How would you compose specifications? It is an unavoidable step that comes after you conclude that you require some product to be created for your business. Organizations, particularly those that are not included in the product development sphere, can get a little disoriented when a need for developing a certain software appears.
For instance, if you are in need of developing an application and decide to resort to the help of agencies that provide android apps development services, they will most likely ask you for the product specs.
The issue is that an ineffectively composed application development specification is no doubt will keep you from getting your app on time, within budget and in line with your original vision.
In this article, we will take a look at the most commonly accepted elements that any mobile development spec ought to have.
- What are Specs?
A program specification is a sort of a manual for customer from developer’s prospective that characterizes overall arrangement of conditions that program must meet. Specifications are utilized when an agreement for specialized items or administrations is issued. There is no particular structure for making a specification list. Still, the most well-known arrangement for composing specs for any product development here as follows:
The presentation ought to incorporate the reason, scope, descriptions, mechanisms utilized, the time span to deliver the product, financial plan. The presentation have to portray specs structure and clarify how this is sorted out.
First off, clear up all definitions and contractions to be applied as a part of the report (this should be possible as a last step when composing a spec, however must be dependably set on top of the report)
- Describe your application’s objective
- Describe your application’s target group
- List and organize every stage your application is planned for
- List and organize all gadgets and OS versions your application is going to support
- List all innovations that ought to be included for building your application
- List noteworthy points and due dates (from investigation, prototyping, and pre-launch to the store)
- Specify your financial plan
- General Description
Incorporate such things as item viewpoint, role of the product, client peculiarities, limitations, conditions and more.
- Particular Requirements
This segment ought to contain the entire product to a level of point of interest adequate to empower engineers to create a scheme to fulfill the requirements, and analysts to test that the scheme fulfills those functional necessities. Among them are:
- Usability (screens, sizes, view modes, menus, and so on), simple navigation and UI.
One of the top issues clients have utilizing applications is poor navigation. This implies browsing application, difficulty they experience in finding precisely what they are searching for, and need to explore a really long time to discover what they were hoping to buy. At the point when concentrating on convenience, ensure that your items administrations are simple to discover.
- Native application or mobile website?
Creating a mobile website will take less time than a native mobile app, especially when you factor in the time it takes to have your app approved by Google Play. A native app will be more responsive, quick and unique. You must have a good understanding of what your client want to have at a final stage
There’s a general discernment in the business sector that the Android isn’t excessively secure. In order to give a guarantee that you have done your best to make the application secure, list down the security elements of your application in the report. This is significantly more critical if your application manages security issues or the monetary information of clients. You can even get an application security assessment rating from a certified agency.
- Social media connection
List every single social media you need your application to connect with.
- App’s cooperation with the server, including point by point application description component, conventions and in like manner information
- In-app purchase (determine what kind of features will be sold to clients inside the application) and accessibility
- Geo-location and pushes
- Data storing for offline work if required
- Supporting Information.
It contains: Help/User Documentation, Notes, Future Enhancements.
- Where to start?
It begins with an outline figure and characterization, trailed by the rearranged use cases. These cases are supplemented by screen mockups of the number of screens in the application. Applications ought to be straightforward, but a few mockups might be required for additional screens.
- You write for people.
This fact makes it difficult to know how and where to start/end.
Some aspects may help you to deal with it.
- Audience: it is not only you and the client who is going to read the document: testers, designers are people too. Make notes for everyone who is in charge to deal with the project.
- First concern. High level priority is given to the center purpose of the app. Think of the main reason, why people will buy and download the application. What attracts them most. Finding this, will help you create a better spec as well as the design.
- Keep it simple. Structurize all the information in a plain way. Attempt to address the huge scale issues, not the minor advancements. Concentrate on what you know best. Make a spike arrangement at whatever point you feel like it. Make it an iterative procedure, with the goal that you may enhance it and still have specs prepared at whatever time and coordinated effort. Additionally, if the client is satisfied with what you accomplished you would do well to stop so you may focus on the advancement stage.
- Extra data
- Make a brief analysis of you competition. This will help you understand where to differentiate and where to take an already tested approach.
- Express your worries, constraints and peculiar wishes to have a complete profile of your future application and its role on the market. It is an ideal opportunity to audit everything once more.
In the outline, include all the elements of the specification and assign roles and responsibilities. Indicate who will do the mockups and wireframes – your in-house planners, consultants, a subcontractor or an improvement supplier.
So there you have a case of what a decent specification for building an application can resemble.
However, many developers still neglect making a clear and organized application specification.
In any case, making a spec is not all that troublesome by any stretch of imagination, so why take risks? Simply adhere to the recommended succession above while composing your next custom android app development spec and you’ll have the capacity to appropriately envelope your thoughts and vision for the purpose.